Hi! The name’s Helen and I’m a 17 year old Sydney sider.
I’ve been blogging since November 2014 on other blogs and only recently (June 2016) imported my blog here. Here are the links to my other blogs if you want to check em out!
If I had to describe myself, I’d say I’m insightful, compassionate, individualistic and appreciative of art, culture and fashion. I’m a sucker for anything philosophical, sociological, historical, avant-garde modernist thinking and fashion related, which is why I started blogging, to freely express my interests and way of thinking in a text medium (I’d love to be a YouTuber but I’m still very self conscious and shy).
Artists I’ve been loving are DNCE, Kid Cudi, Selena Gomez, Childish Gambino, The Weeknd (his Trilogy album is too good), Beyonce, Frank Ocean and Tinashe just too name a few. If I had to describe my musical style, I’m mainly into music that is dark, evocative, psychedelic and mysterious. Songs such as “Super Rich Kids” by Frank Ocean or “Thursday” by The Weeknd are great examples of this.
YouTubers that I’m current watching are Doddleoddle, Evan Edinger, Pewdiepie, Markiplier, JackSepticEye, Crash Course, GMM, H3H3 Productions, Marzia Bisognin, Vlogbrothers just to name a few. Channels that I also love include Vogue’s YouTube Channel and Last Week Tonight (absolute hilarity and wit this one).
My muse right now is Emily Ratajkowski, not only is she downright gorgeous with her spell-bounding looks and amazing style, she’s also passionate about feminist issues and has such eloquence while writing about subjects which matter to her! Check out her Lenny essay here. She makes me feel confident about having a narrower frame (yes people who are skinny also suffer from body shaming- let’s support all body types, skinny to curvy!) and in my opinion, is another example of women who can do anything.
In terms of random trivia:
- I love food, A LOT- however my favorites are supreme pizza, birthday cake, macarons (especially pistachio flavored) and scrambled eggs.
- Drinks you’d see me sipping are coffee, cold water, some kind of juice or a Coca Cola.
- Places I’d love to go to are NYC, Japan, LA, France and Italy.
- Add peanut butter in your smoothie. Just do it. (Cue Shia La Beouf)
- I also say I’m going to work out, but I rarely do
- Golden Gaytime or Cookies and Cream Ice creams are my life.
- I’m a proud member of the SAGA Community!
- I love minimalism and gold accents.
Hopefully this page gives you a better understanding of who I am. Also on an added note, one of my closest friends Lesley created a blog called InAGreenBean which you have to check out! Give her lots of love!
Thank you for reading!