Hello! I’ve come back with a new post, a topic I’ve wanted to do for quite some time (since it’s summer here in Aus). Thank you to Tripping.com for suggesting the idea!
So your friend called you up for a last minute beach trip on the weekends, but you’re stuck on what to bring! Well, rest assured, I got you ^_^
My dream swimsuit has to be this DelMar one sported by Emily Ratajkowski. It’s a one piece but looks like two piece- and the mesh is to die for! A cover up is definitely an essential when shopping around the nearby stores or buying a drink at a nearby cafe, and this lace one is understated and gorgeous! Other standard pieces are sun protection glasses, a sun hat and flip flops. I love how the sequined sun hat from Neiman Marcus and diamante flip flops from M & Co add sophistication to the beach chic outfit.
In terms of skin care, you definitely you need to stock up on these essentials:
- Facial Sun Screen (much less oily than body sunscreen)
- Scrunchie hair tie (it’s much less damaging to wet hair)
- Water bottle (fill it with water, juice or coconut water!)
- Body Sun Screen (make sure you reapply every 2 hours no matter what SPF because sweat and sea water wipes it off.)
- SPF lip balm (yes, lips need protection too!)
- Waterproof eyeliner (an essential if you’re obsessed with eyeliner)
- Summer Fragrance (if the smell of the beach and or sweat irks you)
- Beach Towel (duh.)
I love this multi-strap beach bag from Vix but any tote bag should do!
Hmm.. what to do… what to do! Here are a few essentials that you might consider!
- Bring a kindle! A kindle is much lighter than carrying several books.
- Bring a camera! I prefer retro cameras more, but digital cameras are quick and easy!
- Bring a Journal! I remember going to the beach and saw a guy writing what I assume to be thoughtful notes and drawing a few sketches. The beach never lacks in inspiration 🙂
- Magazine! I prefer physical copies because I love the photographic clarity in the pages, however subscribing via your kindle is very common!
- Snack? I would personally buy a snack at the \cafes near the beach because of convenience, however, a little homemade fruit salad or muesli won’t hurt!.
- Your phone. I know only a few people who ditch their phone at home for a relaxing day at the beach, notification free. However, if you’d like to browse through social media and chill listening to your favourite playlist- don’t forget to bring it along with a pair of headphones!
And that’s it! I hope you found this post helpful for your next beach trip. If you’re looking for a beach holiday getaway, don’t forget to check out vacation rentals in Florida, US thanks to Tripping.com!
Have a great day!