Ahh the dreaded cold. Yes, I am sick. Again. The combination of putting off working out, not eating as much and staying up super late to study has culminated into the most bothersome state of being. To be honest, I had no idea what to write about today, the only motivation I had was my itchy fingers earnestly ready to type something. So, here’s a little survival guide on being sick from little old me, I hope you like it! Also, if you’re sick- comment down below!
Go To Outfits
When You Gotta Head Out The Door
When You’re Cosying Up @ Home
I did a quick search on Taste.com to see what soups look great and meals that will definitely inspire you. I’ll definitely try some of them once I get a little better (especially the chicken soup)! If you’re interested, click on the subheadings and it will take you directly to the website.
Things To Do
- Podcasts while knitting (My favourite podcast right now is Sword and Scale but Welcome to Night Vale and Serial are great ones too!)
- Watching YouTube Gamers- they’re so lively and enthusiastic, it always brings a smile on my face. I’m loving Pewdiepie and JackSepticEye.
- Creating Polyvore sets- when I’m relaxing in bed, there’s nothing better than searching up fashion inspiration and finding out new fashion trends in the Polyvore community. If you haven’t made an account, you’re missing out!
- Catching up on TV Shows- I’ve been so behind on TV shows and I really need to catch up. I really enjoy Blacklist, Elementary, American Horror Story and Scream Queens.
Here are a few tips that might be obvious but may need to be reminded!
- Sleep early- try packing in at least 8 hours of sleep. Get up early too!
- Don’t work your self out, relax and don’t exert too much energy.
- Honey and Lemon tea can help for your throat, also try Strepsils lozenges!
- Always throw away tissues, it reduces germs on your work space (while I’m typing this, I see a used tissue beside my left hand)
- Use hand sanitizer/ wash your hands frequently- especially after blowing your nose and before eating!
- Stay warm- blow out your hair after showering, sip soups and drink warm tea.
- Drink juices and sip veggie soups for a quick recovery
- Avoid oily/junk food- they kill your throat!
- Drink loads and loads of water- you need at least 8 glasses of water of course!
That is all I have for today. If you have any more tips, list them below! Have a great week.